Spicy, Crunchy, Hot Garlic Babycorn
May 16, 2008
- 200gm of baby corn, cut into 1 and a 1/2 inch diagonal pieces
- 4 tbsp of corn flour
- Oil to deep fry
- 2 tbsp of Sesame oil
- 10-12 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, quartered and layers separated
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1/2 of a red capsicum, seeded, and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 of a yellow capsicum, seeded, and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 of a green capsicum, seeded, and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 tbsps of red chilli paste
- 1 tbsp of hot black bean paste
- 1 cup vegetable stock or water
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 4 tbsps of tomato ketchup
- Salt to taste
Shower two tablespoons of corn flour over the baby corn pieces and mix well. Heat adequate oil in a wok to deep fry the baby corn for 3-4 minutes until it is crispy.
Heat sesame oil in a wok and add garlic and saute´ for half a minute. Then add onion, spring onions, half the red capsicum, yellow capsicum and green capsicum and mix.
After mixing all, add red chilli paste, hot black bean paste and vegetable stock, or water, and mix well.
Add sugar and tomato ketchup, the fried baby corn and mix well. Add salt and cook for few minutes. Toss well to coat. Now, drizzle sesame oil and sprinkle red chilli flakes over it.
Serve piping hot with garlic fried rice and enjoy!
For over a decade, IndianLife has been making high-quality gourmet vegetarin Indian food for consumers all over the world. Order our delicious products online and have them delivered right to your door. It’s so easy you can bring home the true taste of India with just the click of your mouse! Come see what we have for you at http://www.indianlife.com.