A delicious and healthy sandwich that is easy to prepare. Spice lovers will find this sandwich particularly enticing as the sprouts resonate with flavor. Perfect for a quick snack or for someone who is health conscious.
- 1 cup mixed sprouts, boiled
- ½ cup potatoes, boiled and mashed
- ½ cup finely chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons ginger-garlic paste
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons pav bhaji masala
- 2 teaspoons coriander-cumin seed (dhania-jeera) powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
- ½ teaspoon black salt (sanchal)
- 1½ cups finely chopped tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons oil
- salt to taste
- 4 slices cheese.
- 8 slices bread.
How to Prepare the Sprouts:
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste, green chilli and sauté for another 1 minute.
- Add the pav bhaji masala, coriander-cumin seed powder, turmeric powder, black salt, tomatoes and salt and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the sprouts and potatoes and mix well.
- Separate the sprouts mixture into 4 equal portions.
- Place one portion on one slice of bread.
- Top with a portion of onion slices & a cheese slice & sandwich using another slice of bread.
- Grill the sandwiches, using a little butter to cook.
For over a decade, IndianLife.com has been making high-quality gourmet vegetarian Indian food for consumers all over the world. Order our delicious products online and have them delivered right to your door.
Bring home the true taste of India with just a click of your mouse! Come see what we have for you at http://www.indianlife.com/.