Creating delicious vegan meals that aren’t the “same old same old” is easy when you have expert helpers! This recipe from vegan cooking gurus Chelsea and Jake @VeggiesDoItBetter features our creamy vegan Coconut-Cashew Sauce and homemade garlic naan using Indianlife Naan bread.
This recipe makes it easy to amaze friends or family with a dish that tastes as if you spent all day cooking it from scratch. Our mellow, all-natural Vegan Cashew Coconut Simmer Sauce hails from India’s Southern region, uniting the sweetness of coconut with a creamy cashew crunch and our exclusive Masala blend.
All of our incredibly rich cooking sauces are concentrated. One jar of sauce plus one jar of water creates a meal-size curry, enough for 3 to 4 typical servings. Crafted from our most beloved family recipes, our sauces have a rich depth of flavor that brings out the best in protein foods and fresh veggies. Coconut-Cashew Sauce especially is a favorite of kids (of all ages). And a hearty curry is a great way to get healthy vegetables into growing bodies.
Dreamy Creamy Coconut Cashew Curry
Creates 2 to 4 servings
4 C Cooked brown or basmati rice to accompany meal
1-2 tsp. Avocado, olive, coconut or other vegan cooking oil
1 to 4 tsp. Fresh garlic, peeled, finely chopped (1 to 4 cloves, depending on how many pieces of Garlic Naan you are making)
1 C Canned or Cooked Garbanzo Beans (chickpeas), rinsed & drained
3/4 C Thawed Frozen or Trimmed Fresh Spinach
3/4 C Red bell pepper, chopped.
1/2 – 1 C Water
Fresh Cilantro for garnish
1/4 Cup corn starch, arrowroot, tapioca or rice flour to thicken if desired
Garlic Naan Ingredients
Creates 2 to 4 servings
Indianlife Naan bread (1 to 4 pieces, to taste)
Indianlife Ghee for vegetarians who can have dairy, or melted vegan butter of your choice for a 100% vegan meal
Fresh or Dried Parsely, Finely chopped
Place a cast iron skillet, stockpot or braiser (3 to 4 quart size is fine) on the stove.
- Saute the red bell pepper and 1-1/2 tsp. garlic in 1-2 teaspoons of oil for 3-5 minutes.
- Add water, spinach, garbanzo beans and concentrated sauce (rinse jar out with a TBSP of filtered water and add in). Bring to a boil.
- Turn heat down and simmer while you make your Garlic naan, and ready your rice.
- Mix corn starch or other thickener with water in a cup. Add this mixture at the very end of cooking and stir into the curry to thicken it if desired.
- Take a piece of naan and set on a large piece of foil, Brush the top with melted vegan butter or ghee, then sprinkle some chopped garlic (to taste) and parsley on top.
- Fold the foil over the naan so it doesn’t touch the top and air fry at 375 degrees for 5-6 minutes or bake in a preheated oven at 375 for 5-6 minutes.
- Assemble your dish by placing some rice in a bowl, pouring over some curry and sprinkling a little fresh cilantro on top.
- Serve with your hot naan and enjoy!
You can enjoy this meal with other Indianlife flatbreads too! Try it with Indianlife Roti.